We’ve been silent for a while. We’ve been working on a number of projects and had no time left over to update the blog. I know, no excuses, we should keep up with the blog.
Since our last update we’ve installed one of our power meters in a power plant in Baha California Sur, Mexico. The plant delivers electrical power to locations in the southern tip of the Baha peninsula. The plant delivers about 38MW to the national grid.
We’ve also been developing an asset tracking system. We found existing systems that would work, but all of them were rather expensive: charging around $30 per asset per month. We used open source hardware and developed a platform that you can use and only pay the data fees from your cellular service provider. See the separate GPS Tracking post for more info.
Most of our time has been going to developing a sensor interface system that can read various sensors, log data, and actuate electromagnetic pumps, solenoids, and relays. This can operate as a stand alone system or be driven by an Arduino, BeagleBone, or Raspberry Pi. It’s contained in a rugged, waterproof enclosure and should be available soon. The various subsystems in this design will be broken apart to make various shields as well.